Saturday, June 25, 2011

one more, why not?

Okay, so at first, I was just getting odd stares around town as I carted my crazy family of five around. People would hide their eyes behind their books and pretend to talk on their cell phones as we passed.  Few would venture close enough to chat.  If conversation did ensue, I would get horrified looks as I excused our family home to go feed the three "kids" back at the farm (the goats).  THEN, as I told of our gals in the hen house, I swear I saw some out-of-body experiences.  I don't know what people are going to do now, but it ain't gonna be pretty. 

All of you Compass families out there are nearly as crazy as us (and we have found so much companionship in your craziness, by the way), that I think you'll be able to appreciate one more...



Tess!  She is our new farm/family dog.  We adopted her this week.  It is all a crazy mixed up story, but I'll just say that the dog search has gone on for about 3 years for us, and in a fortuitous stroke of luck, we found an energetic, polite, well-mannered, and extremely sweet companion that will be a perfect and crazy addition to our family.  And because of the nature of this business we call Farm School, she is now a new member of your family as well.  So, welcome Tess, it's good to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment