Saturday, June 4, 2011

when it rains it pours

Water.  Yes, water.  I love you at times, and at others I'd just like to freeze you into a block and cast you into a fiery abyss.  But then you'd turn to steam and either scald me or just return to the atmosphere, come down a river and get me back in the form of bursting my irrigation lines like you did today.

We get our water during the summer by the lovely little ditch that runs by our farm.  It's name is Church Ditch named after the predominate family that lived on our road once upon a time.  It is fed by Clear Creak, which is a much larger, but still lovely little river that comes down the Rockies and foothills of Golden.  I have been working on getting the irrigation set up for the crop fields and orchard, but I have been running into a couple issues.

You will see me in the picture below, working on the pump.  What you won't see is all the pipes, filters, and couplings breaking and bursting every time I turn on that pump.  You also won't see the mud pit I keep slipping and falling on, nor the tiny muddy goat hoof prints on my back where the baby goats keep jumping as I'm bent over trying to fix couplings.  Furthermore, you will neither see the steam coming out of my ears as this circus ensues.



All in a day's work, I suppose.  Although, in another day's work, I am hoping to remake all the fittings that have burst and actually get this irrigation system dialed in.  For now, I will take a much needed break.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! You make it sound funny--but I'm sure it wasn't. Little goats trying to help out.

    ReplyDelete